A Geo Fence or Point Of Interest (POI) is a geographical boundary defined over a region/location. with this feature, you can create the areas and assign them to particular vehicles. By enabling corresponding alert, you will precisely know when your vehicles enter and exit the assigned area.
In Fleetroot, you can have the cluster view of the POIs with which you will have the clear idea about the concentration of POIs in a particular region. Once you select any of the clusters, you will have the view of the POI distribution over that particular area.
Steps to create POI/Geo Fence
1. Go to 'Settings' from the main menu bar.
2. Select 'POI/Territory Fence' from the panel of settings.
3. There are three ways to create the POI and they are as follows:
- Search the desired location in the 'search box' and select that location.
- Right click against the selected location and select 'Create POI'.
- Create the POI using any of the provided shape types as shown. The general shape types are circle, rectangle and polygon. Once the POI is created you can provide the name for it and click 'Save' button.
- Creation of POI by uploading the excel file.
- POI can be created from the locations in the stoppage in the history as shown.